Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving. Much to be thankful for and I hope this finds you all well.

The music world was shocked to read about Ronnie James Dio falling ill. It was gutted to hear RJD has stomach cancer.

Terrible. However we hope everything goes well with treatment and he's back on stage soon.

I'm re-"printing" an old interview with RJD from Midwest Metal Issue #22 from 2000. Ronnie was in New York on a promo tour for the 'Magica' album. This interview stands out as my Son was very sick the afternoon the interview was to take place. Because of that I totally lost track of time and I forgot to call him!

I got a call from Wendy to remind me about 25 minutes after the scheduled time. I let her know my mind was elsewhere and why and moments later I was on the horn with the man himself.

He began the interview by stressing concern over my Son's well being, asking a ton of questions and just being, well comforting in such an honest way. Very memorable. He's a great singer and an even greater man.

Get well soon Ronnie.
(Click to enlarge)