Friday, March 19, 2010

You ever heard the story....

So another 3.19 passes. I promise this will not be a yearly thing, but special circumstances definitely call for a recap. That and the "viewership" here has grown tenfold over the past twelve months so why not share it?

Today marks the 20th year since Mother Love Bone's Andrew Wood passed. 20 years is a long time and I don't want to dwell on it too hard, but where has the time gone? If you'd like, check out the post from last year, please find it HERE. I spun 'Apple' a few times today and I highly suggest you might do the same.

I've dug through the archives for some MLB material and came up with a really cool piece on the band from a 1994 issue of RAW Magazine. Of course in 1994, the look back at the short life and devastating death of Andy was done in hindsight as Pearl Jam was the biggest thing since slice bread in 94. Regardless reading this stuff now is as heavy as it was then.

At the very end I tagged on a small sidebar from the "Grunge Special" that RIP Magazine did back in 91, maybe?

(Click image to enlarge)

Today is also the 28th year since Randy Rhoads' passing. While I have yet to read the recently released 'I Am Ozzy' biography, I know in my heart of hearts if there's any Randy material within it cannot compare to THIS.