Thursday, December 11, 2008

Merry Cliffmas!

Say what you will about silliness such as Guitar Hero and Rock Band etc. I think they're great! I normally do not play video games, haven't since the dawn of time, but my 9 y/o lives and breathes the shit. So playing these games with him is not only a lot of fun, but it's also bonding time for him and I.

I think these games are also important in that they're introducing the youth of the World to Rock Music! How great is that? Sabbath, Priest, Metallica, Maiden through Ted Nugent, Aerosmith, KISS and everything in between?

How could you go wrong?

Yeah, I read all the negatives from actual musicians, but it's a start and if the kids end up with real instruments...like I said how could it be wrong?

So what I'm trying to get at is another cool feature of these games. The isolated tracks that make the game. Hearing things you didn't know were there..especially, say on the bass guitar.

Someone has uploaded Cliff's straight-from-the-master recording of "Battery". Fuck!

I know Jason Newsted (where is that guy?) got the proverbial shaft on '...And Justice For All' but 'MOP' producer Flemming Rasmussen and Mixer Michael Wagener didn't exactly give Cliff Steve Harris promenance either...