Sunday, October 5, 2008

Read In Peace, Midwest Metal Magazine 1992-2008

R.I.P. Midwest Metal Magazine 1992-2008

The full explanation is: A lot of this shit just isn't fun anymore.

So Cheers! Fuck Yeah! Bottom's Up! and THANKS for over 15 years of support. The myspace page stays up, the PO Box stays open, everything's the same except no more magazine or MMM.Com updates. I will continue to write, but it will be different. The music industry is all but dead, the magazine format of current artist release based interviews and endless and I mean endless reviews is so dead to me. Has been for quite some time, I guess I didn't want to admit it. I was always one who rode the wave of inspiration...a kick-ass interview could get me going for weeks. Everything would just flow. When I'd be stuck I waited or looked for inspiration. These days, it's so few and far between that everything other than a handfull of releases and a handfull of bands got my blood flowing enough to let it flow.

I used to love to turn people onto new music, now you do that and people just go and steal the music anyway. Some wonder why concert prices are so high, well it's the one way the businessmen haven't found a way to fuck the artist out of, yet.

Back back to my reasons, I want to write for me. For the 'chosen few' who read this shit, thanks. I want to write about whatever moves me with no limits. I'm so done with forced reviews, there will be no more.


Thanks to everyone who I've worked with over the years at all of the companies committed to Metal music.

In closing, below is a list of all the interviews I've conducted since I expanded from a 'reviews only' fanzine in 1994. There's probably a handful that may have never seen the light of day due to various reasons. One being the Paul Di'Anno interview, I hung up on him, what a horrible interview, what a dick. But yeah, here's a list of the bands, I've probably forgotten a few, but not bad for a "Your basic, one man-in-the-bed-room-with-a-type-writer-and-a-stereo zine?" -Metal Maniacs Magazine 1995


Tom - October 5, 2008


All Out War*
Ancient
AngelCorpse
Anthrax*
As I Lay Dying
Alabama-Thunder-Pussy
Avernus
Behemoth
Benumb
Big Hair
Biohazard*
Black Sabbath (Bill Ward)*
Blood For Blood
Bongzilla
Borgo Pass
Broken Hope*
Brutal Truth
Burning Witch
Cannibal Corpse*
Catastrophic
Cathedral*
Celtic Frost
The Chasm
Cianide*
Clenched Fist
Cold As Life
CorpseVomit
Couldron
Cradle Of Filth*
Crisis
Crowbar*
Cryptopsy
Dark Funeral
Dave Lombardo
Dead To Fall
Death*
Deceased*
Deicide*
Demiricous
Destiny's End
Desultory
Dew-Scented
Dio*
Dirty Rig
Disinter*
Downset
Dragonlord
Drew Stone/Stone Films N.Y.C.
Earthride
Electric Wizard*
Emperor
Enforsaken
Entombed*
Eternal Hatred
Exodus*
Extreme Noise Terror
Eyehategod*
Failed Humanity
Fear Factory
Floodgate
Flotsam And Jetsam
Fury of Five
Gene Hoglan/Dark Angel, Death
Get Thrashed's Rick Ernst
Goatwhore
God Forbid
Grip Inc.
Hate Eternal
Hatebreed*
High On Fire*
Higher Truth
Hypocrisy
Iced Earth
Immolation *
Internal Bleeding*
Johnny Vomit
Jon Necromancer/Usurper
Jonny Zazula/Megaforce Records
Jungle Rot
Kallus
Kataklysm
Khanate
King Diamond*
Kol Marshall
Kreator*
Krisiun
Lamb Of God*
Life Of Agony*
Lock Up
Lordz Of Brooklyn
Lupara
M.O.D.
Macabre
Machine Head*
Madball*
Malevolent Creation*
Marduk
Master
Mastodon
Merauder
Mercyful Fate*
Metal Haven's Mark Welgarz
Metallica
Milwaukee Metalfest's Jack Koshick
Mindrot
Mistress
Morbid Angel*
Motorhead*
Murder Squad
My Own Victim
Mystik Krewe of Clearlight
Napalm Death*
Necrophagia
Necrophobic
Necropolis Records' Paul Thind
Nevermore*
Nightshade
Nurse
Obituary*
One Life Crew
Oppressor*
The Organization
Overdose
OverKill*
Paul Di'Anno
Place Of Skulls
Pro-Pain
Ramesses
Rebel Radio's Scott Davidson
Relapse Records' Matt Jacobsen
RiverRed
S.O.D.
Sacred Reich
Sepultura*
Shadows Fall
Sick Of It All*
Six Feet Under*
Sixty-Watt Shaman
Skeleton Witch
Skinless
Skrew
Slayer*
Sleep
Slo-Burn
Soilent Green
Solitude Aeternus
Sons Of Otis
Soulfly
Sourvein
Spirit Caravan
Strapping Young Lad
Stuck Mojo
Summer Dying
Suplecs
Sworn Enemy*
Testament*
Time's Expired
Torque
Tualatin
Turmoil
Usurper*
Vader
Vio-Lence*
Vision of Disorder
VoiVod*
Warhorse
X-Cops
Zoroaster*
25 Ta Life
454 Big Block

*means multiple interviews over the years.