Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Vio-Lence : Oppressing the Memories

So 20 years ago tonight I got to see San Francisco's Vio-Lence  play a headlining show.  After two support slots (in 1988 w. Testament and Voi-Vod) they finally returned.  I was super into the 2nd album, 'Oppressing The Masses' and was amped to hear the new songs live.  They crushed.  They were really heavy and their sound had evolved from the frantic pacing of the debut to a sharpened heaviness yet still more than able to play at blindingly fast tempos. They were really tight at that point and just plowed through their set.  They should have been a much bigger band, but it was not to be.  Still, for those who knew, they were one of the best.   


Met Vokillist Sean Killian that night.  Total fanboy'd out and got an autograph too.  


Don't know what possessed me to do this, but I also joined their fan club. 
I got the initial mail out that came with a patch, a poster, a few fliers from the 'Oppressing The Masses' record release shows, an 8x10 and a sticker.  So that's it, wanted to get back on track here with one of my favorites.  
 
Speaking of which, September was the biggest month we've ever had here.  I'm blown away by the amount of people stopping by and I appreciate it.  So a mega thanks to everyone for reading this stuff.   It's nice to know I'm not crazy!  Please keep writing in with whatever is on your mind!  I'll continue to do my part in trying to enhance the art of time wasting.

Tom