Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3, 2011

From Mick Wall.Com 

02 March, 2011

By far the best - as in most accurate - review of the Metallica book so far. Not just because the guy likes it, just his whole vibe. You just know if it was a crap book he'd have stuck the knife in without a second thought. A real person saying how it really is, named Tom Trakas. Thanks, Tom.

I'm at a real loss for words here. The above means quite a bit to me and I don't know how to describe it.  Mick Wall to me is about as high as you can get when it comes to the art of Rock N Roll writing.  I've been reading and devouring his work for as long as I can remember. 



His first book, 'Diary of a Madman' was one of the first Rock books I ever read and his body of work over the past few decades has shaped, for better or worse, what you read today.  To have the above written about my own writing?  It doesn't get any better.

In addition to that, today is the 25th Anniversary of 'Master Of Puppets.'  I guess it's been a day of reflection.  Where I've been, where I'm at and where I'm going.  Crazy.  Thanks to my readers who are along for the ride.  

Tom